EGPs studio is located at 240 St. George Street on the 2nd floor in historic Annapolis Royal.
Our focus is on non toxic etching, relief and letterpress techniques. We have a small quantity of screen printing supplies for members with their own screens.
- 24″x 48″ etching press
- C&P Pilot Press
- Nolan Proofing Press
- 11″ x 9″ bookbinding press
- 24″ x 24″ paper cutter
- a variety of lead type, style and point size, and letterpress accessories
- oil and Akua etching/relief inks plus modifiers
- oil based letterpress inks
- screen printing inks and mediums
- small UV lightbox
- a selection of small and large hand rollers
- tarlatan and miscellaneous collection of rulers, lino cutting tools, bench hooks etc.
- deckle and mould for 11″x 8.5″ sheets, and linter
Members supply their own plates and paper for proofing and printing. We do carry a selection of paper that members may purchase.
Etching using zinc or aluminum is possible using a copper sulphate solution or ferric chloride for copper plates. Screen printing is currently limited to stencil or hand drawn methods as we do not have darkroom facilities yet.
Annapolis Royal is a small rural town with a population of 500, located in southwestern Nova Scotia.