The EGPC studio is located at 30 School Street, Parker’s Cove, just 8 minutes from downtown Annapolis Royal.
Our focus is on non toxic etching , relief and letterpress techniques. We have a small quantity of screenprinting supplies for members with their own screens.
- 24″x48″ etching press
- C&P Pilot Press
- Nolan Proofing Press
- 11″ x 9″ bookbinding press
- 24″ x 24″ paper cutter
- a variety of lead type, style and point size, and letterpress accessories
- oil and Akua etching/relief inks plus modifiers
- oil based letterpress inks
- screenprinting inks and mediums
- a selection of small and large hand rollers
- tarlatan and miscellaneous collection of rulers, lino cutting tools, bench hooks etc.
- deckle and mould for 11″x8.5″ sheets, and linter
Members supply their own plates and paper for proofing and printing. We do carry a selection of paper that members may purchase.
Etching using zinc or aluminum is possible using a copper sulfate solution or ferric chloride for copper plates. Screen printing is limited to stencil or hand drawn methods as we do not have darkroom facilities.
Annapolis Royal is a small rural town with a population of 500, located in southwestern Nova Scotia. Art supplies are sometimes hard to find locally.